I have tried a few of the suggestions given so far but still unable to open any word doc. I am running Vista
I have been unable to open word documents for some time.
I tried disk cleanup and microsoft safety scanner.
I moved most of my files to external hard drive but still the same message comes up.
Is there anything else I can do?
Anwsers to the Problem I have tried a few of the suggestions given so far but still unable to open any word doc. I am running Vista
There's a lot else you can do.
Work through the steps in
Manually editing the Windows registry to fix Error I have tried a few of the suggestions given so far but still unable to open any word doc. I am running Vista
Caution: Unless you an advanced computer user, we DO NOT recommend editing the Windows registry manually. Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall Windows. We do not guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.
- Click the Start button.
- Type "command" in the search box... DO NOT hit ENTER yet!
- While holding CTRL-Shift on your keyboard, hit ENTER.
- You will be prompted with a permission dialog box.
- Click Yes.
- A black box will open with a blinking cursor.
- Type "regedit" and hit ENTER.
- In the Registry Editor, select the Error 0x9C-related key (eg. Windows Operating System) you want to back up.
- From the File menu, choose Export.
- In the Save In list, select the folder where you want to save the Windows Operating System backup key.
- In the File Name box, type a name for your backup file, such as "Windows Operating System Backup".
- In the Export Range box, be sure that "Selected branch" is selected.
- Click Save.
- The file is then saved with a .reg file extension.
- You now have a backup of your MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION-related registry entry.
Another Safe way to Repair the Problem: I have tried a few of the suggestions given so far but still unable to open any word doc. I am running Vista:
How to Fix I have tried a few of the suggestions given so far but still unable to open any word doc. I am running Vista with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download Error Fixer . Install it on your computer. Run it, and it will scan your computer. The junk files will be shown in the scan result.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems which need to be fixed.
3. The Fixing part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed.
Related: Cdplayer Exe HL2 exe errorData Execution Prevention Dep Wfxsnt40 exe download javaw exe Kavo Exe Application Error Windows Xp Failed To Copy Mue exe To Mcscript inuse exe Wtoolsa exe Http Scanpst Exe Shellmon Exe javaw exe download Restore Exe Missing kass exe Hpzinw12 Exe Cpu Officelivesignin exe Spoolsv Exe Virus steambackup exe Werfault Exe Application Error Turn Off Wmplayer Exe Qbwebconnectoer exe Wzcsldr2 Exe Entry Point Not Found Latest Windows 7 Wgadiag Exe,About "BitLocker" Application,Asus Laptop Stuck In 'automatic Repair Loop',Automatic Repair Windows 8 Pro 32 Bits Version,7 Days Passed After I Bought My New Laptop, Still Can't Fully Functioning.,Any URL In MS Outlook Express I Click On Does Not Take Me To A Web Page.
Read More: MAC OS 8.10.1, Word 2011 crashes on save of new doc, can save existing docs [Solved],how to remove error message (Explorer.EXE - No Disk) there is no disk in drive. please insert disk into drive \\device\\harddisk1\\DR5. [Anwsered],Solution to Error: How can I limit rows and scroll faster in Worksheet,Windows 8 always ran into a problem in restart/shutdown screen,Another...Formula Help Question,How can I remove the RealPlayer program from my computer?,Machine configuration issues in Windows Live Mail,Want to do full backup on alternating USB drives.