After Win7 Installation External Monitor Does Not Work
Upon upgrading to Windows 7, the external monitor for our PC no longer works. Upon plugging the monitor into the PC, it searches for a signal but cannot find it. The monitor works fine for other computers in the house, just not this machine. The monitor
is a brand new HP 2009M and we have tried everything from installing the manufacturer drivers, uninstalling the monitor and re-connecting, using the Device Manager troubleshooter, etc. Can you please help?
Solutions to the Problem After Win7 Installation External Monitor Does Not Work
You will need to install updated drivers for your graphics card (or onboard graphics chipset). Only when the correct graphics drivers are installed will Windows 'see' the correct monitor.
Windows Error Reporting - To Fix After Win7 Installation External Monitor Does Not Work
- Go to Start button.
- Open Control Panel.
- Go to Windows Error Reporting.
- Click on System and Maintenance, then click Problem Reports and Solutions.
- Next, click Change Settings located on the left side panel of the Problem Reports and Solutions window.
- Select an option to configure how you want Windows to look for a solution to your problems. You may allow Windows to do it automatically or ask you every time to check if problem occurs.
- Next, click the Advanced settings link.
- Select Off to turn off Error Reporting.
Another Safe way to Fix the Problem: After Win7 Installation External Monitor Does Not Work:
How to Fix After Win7 Installation External Monitor Does Not Work with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download Error Fixer . Install it on your computer. Open it, and it will scan your computer. The errors will be shown in the scan result.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems which need to be fixed.
3. The Repair part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed. You can also use other functions in this software. Like dll downloading, junk file cleaning and print spooler error repair.
Related: ,[Solution] Error Clean,Solution to Error: mozilla thunderbird not responding windows 7,Fast Solution to Error: 0x00405da8,Troubleshoot:Toolbar,Solution to Problem: Windows Media Player C00d1199 Windows 7,Solution to Error: Windows 7Function,Troubleshooting:Pc Code 9999 Error,Solution to Problem: Norton Svchost Exe Virus,[Anwsered] Error 2738
Read More: Troubleshoot:After Windows 7 system crashed, getting Runtime error Program:C:\\Windows\\system32\\nvvsvc.exe Error,[Anwsered] After upgrading to Windows 7, our printer is no longer working.,How to Fix Error - After upgrading Skype, unablet to use ManyCam program with more than one videochat program and unable to adjust picture size while broadcasting in Skype?,Solution to Error: after screen saver runs, the monitor is supposed to go dark, but it doesn't.,How to Resolve - After Spacing proble in word 2010 new document?,32 bit printer drivers for Windows 7 64 bit OS,Activecell range 2 columns loop until last column,about pc battery power,Acrobat Reader downlode also automatically downloaded McAfee Security Plus...question about this below.,A runtime error has occurred. example: Line32 Do you wish to DeBug?