all my exe file become lnk
all my exe file did not shown correct icon and all changed into pdf icon with extension of lnk.
how do i rectify.
Mine is 32 bit Windos7 laptop
Solutions to the Problem all my exe file become lnk
1. When was the last time computer worked fine?
2. Are you aware of the changes made to the computer prior to the issue?
You may follow the suggestions mentioned below and check with the issue.
Fix broken desktop shortcuts and common system maintenance tasks:
When you run an .exe file on a Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7-based computer, the file may start a different program:
Hope this helps.
- Go to the Start button.
- In the Search box, type "regedit" (without quotes) and press Enter.
- Look for the following registry key: "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ Microsoft\ SQMClient\Windows\DisabledSessions".
- On the right window pane, delete the subkey: "Machine Throttling".
- Restart your computer.
Another Safe way to Fix the Problem: all my exe file become lnk:
How to Fix all my exe file become lnk with SmartPCFixer?
1. Download SmartPCFixer. Install it on your computer.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems need to be fixed. Click Fix All.
3. The Repair part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed. You can also use other functions in this software. Like dll downloading, windows updating and print spooler error repair.
Related: ,All computers in a network cannot browse one specific external website - Possible DNS issue?,All diagnostic tools give 0x800700C1, troubleshooting wizard can't continue,all emails in in box disappearing,all desktop icons default to whatever app I used to open the last program,All desktop icon changed to WMP (Windows Media Player)