All my toolbars are missing
I thought I followed your instructions, but now the only toolbar that was open is now closed and the File and View buttons are still missing from the Menu Bar.
[New Question split by moderator from
this answered question.
The moderator supplied the question title.
The original asker can modify the title by editing the question.
Your moderator will not be offended if this is done.
Note from moderator: new questions get answered much faster when asked as new questions.
When tacked onto answered questions you can only hope a moderator stumbles across them and splits them off, which can take days, or may ever happen.]
Anwsers to the Problem All my toolbars are missing
If you have performed the steps that Bob outlined of:
Open View > Toolbars > Customize Toolbars and MenusVerified that the Menu Bar and the Standard and Formatting toolbars are checkedAttempted to Reset them using the Reset buttonPerform the above with the Normal.dotm template listed in the "Save in" box that is in the bottom left corner of the dialog. Restarted your computer
And the File and View menus are missing from the Menu Bar then you'll have to reset your Normal template.
To do this Word must be completely closed (Quit) then...
Open Finder and from its menu bar select Go > Go to Folder...Paste the following, exactly as listed, into the text box:
~/Library/Application Support/Microsoft/Office/User Templates
Locate the Normal.dotm file and rename it to oldNormal.dotm
Open Word and you should be fully restored.
If you have custom Styles or Autotext in your oldNormal template that you'd like to transfer to the new template, post back and someone will help.
Manually editing the Windows registry
Manually editing the Windows registry to remove invalid MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION keys is not recommended unless you are PC service professional. Incorrectly editing your registry can stop your PC from functioning and create irreversible damage to your operating system. In fact, one misplaced comma can prevent your PC from booting entirely!
Caution: Unless you an advanced PC user, we DO NOT recommend editing the Windows registry manually. Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall Windows. We do not guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.
To manually repair your Windows registry, first you need to create a backup by exporting a portion of the registry related to MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION (eg. Windows Operating System):
- Click the Start button.
- Type "command" in the search box... DO NOT hit ENTER yet!
- While holding CTRL-Shift on your keyboard, hit ENTER.
- You will be prompted with a permission dialog box.
- Click Yes.
- A black box will open with a blinking cursor.
- Type "regedit" and hit ENTER.
- In the Registry Editor, select the Error 0x9C-related key (eg. Windows Operating System) you want to back up.
- From the File menu, choose Export.
- In the Save In list, select the folder where you want to save the Windows Operating System backup key.
- In the File Name box, type a name for your backup file, such as "Windows Operating System Backup".
- In the Export Range box, be sure that "Selected branch" is selected.
- Click Save.
- The file is then saved with a .reg file extension.
- You now have a backup of your MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION-related registry entry.
Recommended Method to Fix the Problem: All my toolbars are missing:
How to Fix All my toolbars are missing with SmartPCFixer?
1. Download Error Fixer . Install it on your computer. Click Scan, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The errors will be shown in the scan result.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems need to be repaired. Click Fix All.
3. When the Fixing part is finished, your computer has been speeded up and the errors have been removed
Related: ,All docs showing as Adobe PDFs; No Word docs,all files try to open with adobe,All files are opening in Windows Media Player,All file associations are gone on my computer,,All desktop icons have changed to Internet Explorer