2016年4月28日星期四

Solution to Error: All of a sudden I have .lnk extension on everything. How do I get it off.

All of a sudden I have .lnk extension on everything. How do I get it off.

I opened a document and it all looked greek.  I backed out and noticed that all my desktop icons had a .lnk extension and all the Start button items also had a .lnk extension.  How do I get everything back to normal and the .lnk extension off.

Thank you.

Anwsers to the Problem All of a sudden I have .lnk extension on everything. How do I get it off.

Download SmartPCFixer to Fix It (Free)

Hi,

Try a System Restore back to before that happened :

How to Do a System Restore in Windows 7
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/700-system-restore.html

===========================================
If needed :

Reset the lnk - Shortcut link (LNK) files.
Restore Default Windows 7 File Extension Type Associations
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/19449-default-file-type-associations-restore.html

How to Unassociate a File Extension Type in Vista and a utility to help (Windows 7 too)
http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/91920-unassociate-file-extention-type.html

How to Set Default Associations for a Program in Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/2630-default-programs-set-programs-default-associations.html

How to Change the Default Program a File Type Opens With in Windows 7
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/12196-open-change-default-program.html

How to Associate a File Type or Protocol Default Program in Window 7
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/9154-default-programs-associate-file-type-protocol.html

How to Hide or Show Known File Type Extensions in Windows 7
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/10570-file-extensions-hide-show.html#post101629

Hope this helps and Happy Holidays!
Rob Brown -
Microsoft MVP <- profile - Windows Expert - Consumer : Bicycle - Mark Twain said it right.

Machine Throttling
  • Click the Start button.
  • In the Search box, type "regedit" (without quotes) and press Enter.
  • Look for the following registry key: "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ Microsoft\ SQMClient\Windows\DisabledSessions".
  • On the right window pane, delete the subkey: "Machine Throttling".
  • Reboot your computer.

Another Safe way to Repair the Problem: All of a sudden I have .lnk extension on everything. How do I get it off.:

How to Fix All of a sudden I have .lnk extension on everything. How do I get it off. with SmartPCFixer?

1. Download SmartPCFixer. Install it on your computer.

2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems need to be repaired. Click Fix All.

3. When the Fixing part is done, your computer has been speeded up and the errors have been removed


Related:
Read More: Troubleshooter of Error: All my icons appear as Media Center icons,Troubleshooting:All my Help display windows are blank (empty),Solution to Error: All of my Favorite folders are still there but none of the Favorite websites. How can I recover them?,How Can You Fix - All of a sudden, whenever I open word from Office 2010, there are all sorts of inserts such as paragraph signs, dots between each word, etc. How did that happen. How can I get it to stop??,[Solved] all of my desktop icons and links on a bar have an image of vlc, what is the problem, how to solve it?,After installing Internet Explorer 9, FDM does not run.,After installing Commview for Wifi, my Wireless Network Connection 2, which is the Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter is gone, even after I rolled back the driver.,After installing Internet Explorer 8 I'm facing multiple problems. How can I go back to a previous version?,After installing Lexmark MarkVision X1190 printer, computer crashes,all emails recieved are in duplicate

没有评论:

发表评论

注意:只有此博客的成员才能发布评论。