All macros disappeared
All my macros are missing.
When I open the Developer --->Macros the list is empty.
No matter which one I choose in "Macros in".
I checked the normal.dotm and noticed that there is one called normal.old with yesterday date.
and a normal.dotm with today date.
I replaced the old with the dotm file thinkning that some how the file was replaced and the normal.old contains the macros I had.
Any idea how to save my Macros?
thanks in advance.
Keys to the Problem All macros disappeared
By default macros are stored in the normal template, normal.dotm.
It appears that yesterday you somehow managed to replace the old normal.dotm with a new blank one.
If you have no backup and the old file is not in the recycle bin, then the contents of
the old file with the macros is lost.
Manually editing the Windows registry
Caution: Unless you an advanced PC user, please do not edit the Windows registry manually.
Because of this risk, we highly recommend using a trusted registry cleaner such as SmartPCFixer Using a registry cleaner automates the process of finding invalid registry entries, missing file references (like the one causing your MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION error), and broken links within the registry. A backup is automatically created before each scan, with the ability to undo any changes in a single click, protecting you against the possibility of PC damage. The best part is that repairing registry errors can also dramatically improve system speed and performance.
- Click the Start button.
- Type "command" in the search box... DO NOT hit ENTER yet!
- While holding CTRL-Shift on your keyboard, hit ENTER.
- You will be prompted with a permission dialog box.
- Click Yes.
- A black box will open with a blinking cursor.
- Type "regedit" and hit ENTER.
- In the Registry Editor, select the Error 0x9C-related key (eg. Windows Operating System) you want to back up.
- From the File menu, choose Export.
- In the Save In list, select the folder where you want to save the Windows Operating System backup key.
- In the File Name box, type a name for your backup file, such as "Windows Operating System Backup".
- In the Export Range box, be sure that "Selected branch" is selected.
- Click Save.
- The file is then saved with a .reg file extension.
- You now have a backup of your MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION-related registry entry.
The next steps in manually editing your registry will not be discussed in this article due to the high risk of damaging your system. If you would like to learn more about manual registry editing, please see the links below.
Another Safe way to Fix the Problem: All macros disappeared:
How to Fix All macros disappeared with SmartPCFixer?
1. Download Error Fixer. Install it on your computer.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems need to be repaired. Click Fix All.
3. The Repair part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed. You can also use other functions in SmartPCFixer. Like dll downloading, junk file cleaning and print spooler error repair.
Read More: All logoff attempts fail. 20% of power ups fail requiring a hard kill with the power button. Tech Support,Troubleshooter of Error: All Internet Browsers run extremely slow in Windows 8.1 when background programs or Window Store apps are running,How to Resolve - All my toolbars are missing?,Solution to Error: All my RAM is dissapearing, need help!,[Solved] All in one(lexmark) printer cannot locate the proper application in computer to scan documents,all desktop shortcuts inop,all I have Windows Internet Explorer 8 and I have several instances of I.E. Explorer running on my task manager with music from radio etc.. playing this sounds like malware,All I have on my computer is a Blue screen and a non-workable tab bar. Only way I can get online to look for help is through task manager...,All icons are opening with Google chrome application,All browsers are having corrupted Arial font issues, and it's persistent with each reboot after installing Arial font.