Another conditional formatting bug!
As per Help in Excel, Conditional format precedence are evaluated from highest to lowest.
If no conflicts, then both formats are applied.
If conflicts, then the higher rule is applied.
This works, except, if a higher level rule sets a fill format and the lower rule changes the fill to agradient fill effect, then the lower level gradient will overide the fill format from the
higher rule when both rules are true.
All the other higher level rule formats e.g.
font will remain the same. This only happens when the lower level rule sets a fill gradient; solid fill works fine i.e.
the higher level rule maintains precedence.
I haven't tested it, but I suspect the problem exists in 2010 as well.
Solutions to the Problem Another conditional formatting bug!
You know, I don't know how common folks (like us) report bugs, I just happen to have a connection to one Microsoft employee. In fact it would be interesting to see if someone answers this question for you. If not, you might try posting it as a new thread?
In all fairness to Microsoft, the conditional formatting area was GREATLY improved in 2007 and 2010; but it is also very complex and I'm sure it will take a number of versions to iron these types of things out.
But if we don't report them they may never get fixed, and yes, even if we do report them, nothing may come of it.
If this answer solves your problem, please check Mark as Answered.
If this answer helps, please click the Vote as Helpful button.
Cheers, Shane Devenshire
- Access the files on your computer via MY COMPUTER
- Under the C: drive, access the WINDOWS folder
- Select the SOFTWARE DISTRIBUTION folder, followed by the DOWNLOAD folder.
- Delete any files within this download folder.
- If you are unable to delete these files, open the command prompt (CMD) as the administrator, and type "net stop wuauserv" into the CMD prompt window. Press ENTER. This should allow you to delete the files from step 4.
- Once the files are deleted, open and run the CMD as the administrator and type "wuauclt.exe /updatenow". Press ENTER.
Recommended Method to Fix the Problem: Another conditional formatting bug!:
How to Fix Another conditional formatting bug! with SmartPCFixer?
1. Download SmartPCFixer . Install it on your computer. Click Scan, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The errors will be shown in the list.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems need to be fixed. Click Fix All.
3. The Repair part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been fixed. You can also use other functions in SmartPCFixer. Like dll downloading, windows updating and print spooler error repair.
Related: error message fsui.exe/ wlidcli.dll is missing
,Solution to Error: Excel: Automatic number generation
,Troubleshoot:i wanna change language of all windows in Windows 7 Home Premium
,Troubleshooting:IF Function, if the vendor ID in column A matches any of the vendor ID's in column F, I want 1099 to appear in column D. Error
,Fast Solution to Problem: ReadyBoost is not working properly in my computer
,Troubleshoot:Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive. Error,External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Tech Support,Tech Support: I'm always being signed off so annoying,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.,Referencing data in Access using Excel [Anwsered],Need Best Way To Present Data [Anwsered],Same question but for windows 7 home edition,sometimes fullscreen won't activate [Solved],Solution to Error: We bought a new computer with windows 7 and it is constantly freezing. How do we fix this?,Solution to Error: Windows 8 update crash (2013-07-22),brclr.dll.mu_ Missing Error Fixer,How To Resolve Missing fin_myagtui.eng Problem,Corrupted f_0006ad File - How to Fix,nkebigvg.cpl Not Found Error Fixer,Corrupted olcontrols.ocx File - How to Fix
Read More: How to Resolve - Appearance of the Calendar Control?,How to Fix - Application not starting but log created in eventviewer?,ALL program icons are set to spreadsheet [Solved],[Solved] Any way to add a line\/scatter chart on top of a stock chart?,anytime I right click on library folder, windows explorer shuts down [Solved],After Windows Update CD/DVD drive does not work,After installing windows 7 to laptop the labels print out of line how can I fix it,After my computer sleeps the wireless always disconnects and will no reconnect,After signing into Pogo.com, I get a message" This tab has been recovered"....what does this mean and how do I fix it.....,All desktop icons changed to windows live and does not open