9 updates will not install code 646 unknown
Hi Microsoft and everyone,
I have tried to install 9 updates at least 3 maybe 4 times.
It reads: Code 646 Windows update has encounter an unknown error
I try to troubleshoot the code, but, Code 646 is not listed
The 9 updates are for office 2007
Solutions to the Problem 9 updates will not install code 646 unknown
Click Mark as Answer if this post answers your question.
Manually editing the Windows registry
Caution: Unless you an advanced PC user, please do not edit the Windows registry manually.
Because of this risk, we highly recommend using a trusted registry cleaner such as SmartPCFixer Using a registry cleaner automates the process of finding invalid registry entries, missing file references (like the one causing your MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION error), and broken links within the registry. A backup is automatically created before each scan, with the ability to undo any changes in a single click, protecting you against the possibility of PC damage. The best part is that repairing registry errors can also dramatically improve system speed and performance.
- Click the Start button.
- Type "command" in the search box... DO NOT hit ENTER yet!
- While holding CTRL-Shift on your keyboard, hit ENTER.
- You will be prompted with a permission dialog box.
- Click Yes.
- A black box will open with a blinking cursor.
- Type "regedit" and hit ENTER.
- In the Registry Editor, select the Error 0x9C-related key (eg. Windows Operating System) you want to back up.
- From the File menu, choose Export.
- In the Save In list, select the folder where you want to save the Windows Operating System backup key.
- In the File Name box, type a name for your backup file, such as "Windows Operating System Backup".
- In the Export Range box, be sure that "Selected branch" is selected.
- Click Save.
- The file is then saved with a .reg file extension.
- You now have a backup of your MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION-related registry entry.
The next steps in manually editing your registry will not be discussed in this article due to the high risk of damaging your system. If you would like to learn more about manual registry editing, please see the links below.
Another Safe way to Repair the Problem: 9 updates will not install code 646 unknown:
How to Fix 9 updates will not install code 646 unknown with SmartPCFixer?
1. You can Download Error Fixer here. Install it on your computer. When you open SmartPCFixer, it will perform a scan.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems need to be repaired. Click Fix All.
3. The Fixing part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed.
Related: Why Does A Web Page Content Box Po Up Everytime I Do Anything On My Laptop,Windows 8.1 Bug: Disk Cleanup Delete "mail" App Accounts,I Don't Get Import/Export Drop Down Under Favorites So Can't Import My Favorites File,Conditional Formatting Multiple Workbooks,Adobe Reader Is Not Responding,How To Get Blocked Hotmail Account Reset?,The Windows 7 Update For Cisco NAC Agent Won't Run On My Computer, Even In Compatibility Mode. Any Suggestions?,Printer Problem After Win 7 SP1 Installed,HomeGroup Not Working Both Ways,Why Can I Not Switch To A Different Month On System Restore ? And My Laptop Seems To Be Running Something In The Back Ground At All Times.,Indentation Not Working Properly In Word 2010,Internet Explorer 8 - Hiding Search TextBox,Task Scheduler Is Not Displaying Task Message,I Find It Difficult To Connect To Wireless In My Office But I Do Connect To Other Wireless?,Computer Is Not Detecting All Of My RAM
Read More: [Solution] Can't Access SW Airlines Site,[Anwsered] can't receive or send e-mails,[Solved] Is it recommended to occasionally defrag a HHD in Win 7 or no?,[Solution] Windows 7 gadgets do not load at startup, but If ,[Anwsered] KB979683 WU installs OK but keeps offering it again over and over,Want to backup Windows mail files but can't find them.__Where are they kept and what is the file extension?,Can only Copy & Paste in Plain text,Other Storage issue on Windows Phone 8,unable to run security upgrade, can't click the update button,i continue to receive a message that there is another computer or device using my ip address how do i resolve this?