activating cpu cores in windows 7
have quad core computer using AMD Phenom II at start up it shows only three cores working how do I activate the fourth core in Windows 7 64 bit.
Mother board is a M4A79XTD EVO from ASUS
M4A79XTD EVO motherboard ASUS
PHENOM X4 925 AM3 CPU
4 GIG DDR3
GTS250 video card
Anwsers to the Problem activating cpu cores in windows 7
This is not a Windows 7 issue.
AMD did release some quad core processors with only 3 cores active and yours "may" be one of those
however it may just be a failure of one core issue.
Possibly a BIOS or chipset issue.
Or was the system
bought with a 3 core processor?
Check with AMD Support and ASUStek Support, their on-line documentation, and ask in their forums for
ASUS M4A79XTD EVO
AMD Phenom II
AMD announces three-core desktop CPU
AMD Bets on Tri-Core Chips as Quad-Core Market Lags
Hope this helps.
Manually editing the Windows registry
Manually editing the Windows registry to remove invalid MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION keys is not recommended unless you are PC service professional. Incorrectly editing your registry can stop your PC from functioning and create irreversible damage to your operating system. In fact, one misplaced comma can prevent your PC from booting entirely!
Caution: Unless you an advanced PC user, we DO NOT recommend editing the Windows registry manually. Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall Windows. We do not guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.
To manually repair your Windows registry, first you need to create a backup by exporting a portion of the registry related to MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION (eg. Windows Operating System):
- Click the Start button.
- Type "command" in the search box... DO NOT hit ENTER yet!
- While holding CTRL-Shift on your keyboard, hit ENTER.
- You will be prompted with a permission dialog box.
- Click Yes.
- A black box will open with a blinking cursor.
- Type "regedit" and hit ENTER.
- In the Registry Editor, select the Error 0x9C-related key (eg. Windows Operating System) you want to back up.
- From the File menu, choose Export.
- In the Save In list, select the folder where you want to save the Windows Operating System backup key.
- In the File Name box, type a name for your backup file, such as "Windows Operating System Backup".
- In the Export Range box, be sure that "Selected branch" is selected.
- Click Save.
- The file is then saved with a .reg file extension.
- You now have a backup of your MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION-related registry entry.
Recommended Method to Fix the Problem: activating cpu cores in windows 7:
How to Fix activating cpu cores in windows 7 with SmartPCFixer?
1. Download Error Fixer. Install it on your system.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems need to be repaired. Click Fix All.
3. When the Fixing part is done, your computer has been speeded up and the errors have been fixed
Related: [Solved] Applications have stopped working with SP1 on Windows 7!,[Solved] I can't find auto complete text in word 2007,[Solution] I need to keep reinstalling eHome Infrared Transceiver driver everytime my computer shuts down.,How to Resolve - system restore not working windows 7?,Unable to open embedded word file on the intranet. [Solved],Solution to Error: Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive.
,Troubleshoot:External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Error
,I'm always being signed off so annoying Tech Support
,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.
,Solution to Problem: Referencing data in another file
,[Anwsered] Thinkpad 8611 Boot,How to Resolve - Svchost Helper?,Fast Solution to Problem: L30 101 Driver Windows 7,Troubleshooter of Error: Io Device,How to Fix Error - Dell Laptop Code 39?
Read More: How to Resolve - a formula that will return the next available date a job can start in production (firstly checking how many days the current job list takes by minutes available and needed in the workshop)?,Troubleshoot:Acer Aspire S3-951 keyboard not detected,Troubleshoot:Add 'string of text' to data from column that has 8000 rows then auto populate a new column with combined string of text + number from original column. Error,Fast Solution to Error: acer empowering framework won,t work on window 7rc,How to Fix Problem - ActiveXviewer.cab Compatibility?,Cannot delete empty file icon on desktop...,Cannot download flashplayer,can't get the CIA review progrom install which is an older version,Cannot access one website-DNS server not responding.,Can't Receive or Send Vista Windows Mail - Router stopped recognizing DSL connection & wants to dial up