4GB RAM Problem in Windows 7 X86
I installed Windows 7 RC1 on my Laptop and there was no problem.
But when I go to the "My Computer Properties" it shows this message in
"Installed Memory" section:
4.00 GB (3.00 GB usable)
In windows vista X86 we solved this problem with SP1 but there is no SP1 for Windows 7 RC1.
Could you help me to resolve this problem.
Anwsers to the Problem 4GB RAM Problem in Windows 7 X86
Windows 7 is most likely allocating the memory for video useage.
In most cases, any 32 bit machine with 4GB installed will have a max available of 3.12GB
Jonathan Matthis aka "7tester" on MSN QnA
Chief Site Administrator
Windows 7 QnA
Follow us on Twitter
Add us on Windows Live!
To check for Windows updates
- Open Windows Update by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking All Programs, and then clicking Windows Update.
- In the left pane, click Check for updates, and then wait while Windows looks for the latest updates for your computer.
- If any updates are found, click Install updates. Administrator permission required If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
Another Safe way to Repair the Problem: 4GB RAM Problem in Windows 7 X86:
How to Fix 4GB RAM Problem in Windows 7 X86 with SmartPCFixer?
1. You can Download Error Fixer here. Install it on your system. When you open SmartPCFixer, it will perform a scan.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems which need to be repaired.
3. The Fixing part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been fixed.
Related: How to Fix 3371 Errors in Windows XP,7,8&8.1?,Repair Corrupt Cab Files Error - How to Fix,Skchui.dll Error - How to Fix,Symantec Antivirus Slows Down Computer Error - How to Resolve,Error Windows Xp System Restore Incomplete Fix Solution,How to Fix - After updating from Internet Explorer 6 to Internet Explorer 9, my Favorites are lost?,How to Fix - Combination Stacked-Clustered Chart in Excel - Align data with horizontal tick marks?,Solution to Error: Macro to search and copy rows to different sheets based on cell value,Need solution to this problem in order to stop Vista from beeping.__"Your version of Microsoft Deprecated DLL Components isn't compatible with this version of Windows",Server Error in '/' Application.Site also runtime error [Solved]
Read More: Fast Solution to Problem: 64-bit Windows 7 Ultimate very slow navigate,5 updates fail, error code 80073718 on Windows 8 [Solved],How Can You Fix - 6 month report using a pivot table?,64 bit driver for Canon imageCLASS D860 All-in-One Printer [Anwsered],Fast Solution to Error: 32 bit vs. 64 bit, which should i get?,2 msn.com site,2007 Performance Issue / Very slow saves to network share,Can I use my HP D110A web service printer as a proxy server?,can i use a zoom 56k v.92/v.90 modem with 64b dileup? netzero said i might have the rong modem?,Can I downgrade to win 32-bit?