64bit Computer running 8GB of RAM but windows shows only 3.25 usable
Ok, I originally had 6GB (3x2gb) of RAM (1600) installed on a MSI 880GM-E43 motherboard and a Phenom II X4 (I think either at 3.6 or 4.0 Ghz) and windows read everything fine. I buy a new motherboard, Gigabyte 970A-UD3, and another 2GB RAM stick and installed
Now when I go to windows properties, its says
"Installed memory (RAM): 8.00 GB (3.25 GB usable)".
So first I went into the BIOS to see if it shows the correct info and it did.
Then I changed my CPU Clocked Speed from 3.4 to 4.0Ghz.
I loaded windows and it still says the same thing "Installed memory
(RAM): 8.00 (3.25 GB usable)" and now the Processor hasnt changed either "Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 965 Processor 3.40 GHz".
I even reinstalled all the new drivers and it still shows the same info.
CAN ANYONE HELP!!!
Windows 7 Home Premium - 64bit
AMD Phenom II X4 - 4.0GHz
Kingston HyperX Blu 8GB (4x2GB)
VisionTek Radeon HD 5750
Anwsers to the Problem 64bit Computer running 8GB of RAM but windows shows only 3.25 usable
Strangely, even if the memory is entered correctly, it stil reports way less.
Not sure why but inchecking seems to correct the problem..
Presumably you are overclocking..
'Properties' always reports what the chip actually is, not the speed it is running at the time.
Was it to do so, there would be times when your chip would show 800mhz..
Windows Restore - Totally Fix All Errors including 64bit Computer running 8GB of RAM but windows shows only 3.25 usable
- Click on the Start button on the Taskbar.
- Type "System Restore" (without quotes) in the Search box and hit Enter or,
- Click on System Restore (when you see System Restore pop up in the list of search results).
- Make sure the "Recommended restore" radio button is checked on the restore utility window.
- Click on Next and follow the instructions given.
Note: There is the option on the restore utility to select "Choose a different restore point". Unless you have a specific reason to select a different date and time than what Windows recommends, just select the recommended option stated in the steps above. If you choose to select another one, follow these steps:Click on that desired date and time, and Windows 7 will perform a scan for any affected programs in that restore point.
Once completed, click Next and follow the instructions given.
Once you have selected the restore point, your system will start the restoring process, after which you will have to restart the system.
Another Safe way to Fix the Problem: 64bit Computer running 8GB of RAM but windows shows only 3.25 usable:
How to Fix 64bit Computer running 8GB of RAM but windows shows only 3.25 usable with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download Error Fixer . Install it on your system. Open it, and it will perform a scan for your system. The junk files will be shown in the scan result.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems need to be repaired. Click Fix All.
3. The Repair part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed. You can also use other functions in SmartPCFixer. Like dll downloading, windows updating and print spooler error repair.
Read More: How Can You Fix - 7210 OfficeJet, Windows 7, Office 2010 when you print Avery labels 8167 the print on the screen is centered, but the labels print to the left and print in the space between the labels?,[Solved] 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48 BlueScreen Error Code: BCCode: 50,3 Computers One network - No connection to XP bos Tech Support,Troubleshoot:2007 save as 2003,Solution to Problem: 2 home\/student 2010 free trials downloaded, can one be uninstalled?,2000SR1 Microsoft Word: hundreds of clipart buttons will not go away on insert command,1606 is the code internal error occured,7 backup fails and gives error Ox8007045D + Ox81000037,32 or 64 Bit Version of Internet Explorer,32bit browser diables every time HP 2480 printer/scanner installed 62 bit browser will work