Aero turns off unexpectedly, can only restart by reboot.
Aero appears to be disabled sometimes after playing games, or if the machine is left on for a while and the monitor has been turned off.
I use the machine as a HTPC and media server for a laptop and media extender.
I can only restart the aero interface by
a reboot which is annoying if I'm half way through something.
Is there a way to restart the aero interface?
I've followed several of the steps outlined in the other posts:-
I've run sfc, no problems found.
I've run antispyware, etc, nothing found
I've checked that the WDM is running, it is, restarted and no effect.
I've changed the themes, no effect.
I've changed resolution, no effect.
I've checked the checks in the advanced settings for the display, no effect.
I've updated the graphics drivers direct from ATI/AMD, no effect.
I've anyone has anymore suggestions then please let me know? My specs are as follows:-
Core i7, 8GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD5850 1GB, Windows 7 Home Premium.
Anwsers to the Problem Aero turns off unexpectedly, can only restart by reboot.
I would suggest you to set the computer in clean boot and check Aero.
To set the computer in clean boot, follow the steps from the following article:
Note: To set the computer in normal boot, follow Step: 7 from the above article
- Access the files on your computer via MY COMPUTER
- Under the C: drive, access the WINDOWS folder
- Select the SOFTWARE DISTRIBUTION folder, followed by the DOWNLOAD folder.
- Delete any files within this download folder.
- If you are unable to delete these files, open the command prompt (CMD) as the administrator, and type "net stop wuauserv" into the CMD prompt window. Press ENTER. This should allow you to delete the files from step 4.
- Once the files are deleted, open and run the CMD as the administrator and type "wuauclt.exe /updatenow". Press ENTER.
Recommended Method to Fix the Problem: Aero turns off unexpectedly, can only restart by reboot.:
How to Fix Aero turns off unexpectedly, can only restart by reboot. with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download SmartPCFixer . Install it on your system. Run it, and it will scan your computer. The errors will be shown in the list.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems which need to be repaired.
3. The Fixing part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been fixed.
,Troubleshoot:External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Error
,How to Fix Error - Getting an error "not connected to the internet" while trying to install Samsung Kies?
,How to Fix - Internet Explorer shuts down and reopens tab when attaching to email or uploading files.?
,Fast Solution to Problem: Sending Error Message
,[Anwsered] Thinkpad 8611 Boot,How to Resolve - Svchost Helper?,Fast Solution to Problem: L30 101 Driver Windows 7,Troubleshooter of Error: Io Device,How to Fix Error - Dell Laptop Code 39?
Read More: Fast Solution to Problem: Add year to a name then save it,Troubleshooting:After auto sleep shutdown, computer won't start back up Error,Troubleshooter of Error: Adobe Reader Error Message: Adober Reader already installed,Adding and opening Favourites in IE 9,How to Fix Problem - Add Skype to My MSN?,a file called mDNSResponse.exe. is causing bonjour not to operate properly,what should I do?,A QUESTION USING THE "IF'S" Formula.,A continuos flashing window with which title is C:Windows\System32\cmd.exe, and has the following message: The syntax of the command is incorrect.,Acrobat compatibility issue and you tube problems____,ActiveX on IE 9 not loaded