2 problems with Vista and mail on new laptop
#1--when opening "Tools", "Options", on mail, new window opens.
is so large can not reach "Apply" etc.
buttons to make and lock in the changes.
How do I change this?
#2--when mail is open and on-line, I send a mail to whoever, the mail program shuts down the connection (apparently) as it
always re-dials the connection already established. When I download a message, read it, try to answer, the program has disconnected from the provider.
No, the box is not checked for it to do that.
What the heck
is going on? Thanks, Jim
Solutions to the Problem 2 problems with Vista and mail on new laptop
What screen resolution are you using? If you increase the size of you Display by increasing the resolution you will have more room for windows to fit in to.
You can also look at Auto-Hiding the Start Button and adjacent Taskbar via the Start Menu and Taskbar Properties (right-click on blank area of the Taskbar).
You can also "Move" the Options window, by right-clicking on the top border of the window and selecting Move. Hands off the Mouse when you see the "Cross-hairs". Now press the up and down arrows on the Keyboard to move your window, you can even use the sideway
arrows. It is possible to drag the window around the screen with the Mouse as long as you don't click the Mouse. Once you click the Mouse the trick ends. Incidentally the arrows give you more movement than the Mouse.
As for your second problem, what type of Internet connection are you using, is it the old Dial-up, Adsl, or what?
You could look at the Properties of your Account via Tools/ Accounts, highlight your Account and click on Properties/ Connections, and make sure everything is correct in there. Ask your ISP Provider to check it with you, and get them to check the other settings
Manually editing the Windows registry to fix Error 2 problems with Vista and mail on new laptop
Caution: Unless you an advanced computer user, we DO NOT recommend editing the Windows registry manually. Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall Windows. We do not guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.
- Click the Start button.
- Type "command" in the search box... DO NOT hit ENTER yet!
- While holding CTRL-Shift on your keyboard, hit ENTER.
- You will be prompted with a permission dialog box.
- Click Yes.
- A black box will open with a blinking cursor.
- Type "regedit" and hit ENTER.
- In the Registry Editor, select the Error 0x9C-related key (eg. Windows Operating System) you want to back up.
- From the File menu, choose Export.
- In the Save In list, select the folder where you want to save the Windows Operating System backup key.
- In the File Name box, type a name for your backup file, such as "Windows Operating System Backup".
- In the Export Range box, be sure that "Selected branch" is selected.
- Click Save.
- The file is then saved with a .reg file extension.
- You now have a backup of your MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION-related registry entry.
Recommended Method to Fix the Problem: 2 problems with Vista and mail on new laptop:
How to Fix 2 problems with Vista and mail on new laptop with SmartPCFixer?
1. Download Error Fixer . Install it on your computer. Click Scan, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The junk files will be shown in the scan result.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems need to be fixed. Click Fix All.
3. The Repair part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed. You can also use other functions in this software. Like dll downloading, windows updating and print spooler error repair.
Related: 1327 Invalid Drive Z Error Code 80004004 Error Code 137 80072ee7 Fix 3315 Error 26 3213 1726 0X6be Error Code 1393 Acaptuser32 dll Error 3050 Biosinfo dll,Fast Solution to Fix Error 1017 Received Logging On To The Standby Error,Installation Error 1706 Error Fixer,Loopback Failure Error - How to Fix,How to Fix Pro Registry Cleaner Error,How to Fix Win 7 Installation Error Code: 0x800705070 Error Quickly
Read More: Troubleshoot:2 Worksheets, Compare 1 column from each and if the same create 3rd Worksheet. Error,Troubleshoot:2 Sided printing wont work with Homegroup Error,Fast Solution to Error: 20-22 boot times. What should I try now?,How Can I Fix - 21997 error persists even after JRE ver 6 update 20. Why??,2 versions of Internet Explorer 9, 1st version 64 bit - 2nd version of Internet Explorer also 9,IE 8: Can't Send Page by Email AND Can't Send Link by Email,I can't connect to yahoo.com for online gaming after installing ex9 is there a problem?,c drive says full with 58gb and drive d has 219gb how to fromat drive c for more gb,Automatic Spelling Correction in MS Excel 2007,Attempting to install a financial program and getting error with regsvr32