32 or 64bit?
My laptop has a 64 bit processor but only 2 gb of RAM.
I currently have 32bit vista, what benefits (if any) are there for me to upgrade to 64bit windows 7? Or would 32bit win7 be "good enough"? It seems like upgrading to 64bit would create problems with
my current files and programs.
Keys to the Problem 32 or 64bit?
If you have less then 4GB of RAM and some of your programs might not run in 64bit Windows 7 you should stick with 32bit.
The bit type doesn't affect your regular data files (pictures, music, documents), it affects programs and drivers.
Have Questions About Installing Windows 7?
FAQ - Common Windows 7 Installation Questions & Answers
- Go to the Start button.
- In the Search box, type "regedit" (without quotes) and press Enter.
- Look for the following registry key: "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ Microsoft\ SQMClient\Windows\DisabledSessions".
- On the right window pane, delete the subkey: "Machine Throttling".
- Reboot your system.
Another Safe way to Repair the Problem: 32 or 64bit?:
How to Fix 32 or 64bit? with SmartPCFixer?
1. Download Error Fixer. Install it on your system.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems which need to be repaired.
3. The Repair part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been fixed. You can also use other functions in this software. Like dll downloading, windows updating and print spooler error repair.
Related: How to Fix 3371 Errors in Windows XP,7,8&8.1?,Repair Corrupt Cab Files Error - How to Fix,Skchui.dll Error - How to Fix,Symantec Antivirus Slows Down Computer Error - How to Resolve,Error Windows Xp System Restore Incomplete Fix Solution,How to Fix - After updating from Internet Explorer 6 to Internet Explorer 9, my Favorites are lost?,How to Fix - Combination Stacked-Clustered Chart in Excel - Align data with horizontal tick marks?,Solution to Error: Macro to search and copy rows to different sheets based on cell value,Need solution to this problem in order to stop Vista from beeping.__"Your version of Microsoft Deprecated DLL Components isn't compatible with this version of Windows",Server Error in '/' Application.Site also runtime error [Solved],2 msn.com site,2007 Performance Issue / Very slow saves to network share,Can I use my HP D110A web service printer as a proxy server?,can i use a zoom 56k v.92/v.90 modem with 64b dileup? netzero said i might have the rong modem?,Can I downgrade to win 32-bit?