2 versions of windows installed on my PC. C drive and D:\Recovery drive. How can I fix this
I re-installed windows vista on my pc and somehow when I reboot I have to choose the 2nd line that says to boot up using: Windows Vista.
Both lines are the same and if I do not choose the 2nd line it is stuck in a loop.
Obviously I want to use the version
on the C drive since the D drive is the recovery drive.
Can someone help me delete the version I do not need.
I DO have an install disk.
Anwsers to the Problem 2 versions of windows installed on my PC. C drive and D:\Recovery drive. How can I fix this
Multiple boot entries have been created since you have installed windows vista for the second time.
Please follow the steps mentioned below to delete the unwanted boot entry.
Click the Start button, type "msconfig" (without quotes) in the search line, and press Enter.
Click on the Boot tab.
Select the operating system you want to delete that is not set as the Default OS, and click on Delete.
Place a check mark next to the Make all boot settings permanent box, and click on OK.
Note: You will not be able to undo the changes at a later time.
Click on restart when prompted.
Since you do not have the recovery disks, it is not recommended to delete the recovery partition.
Manually editing the Windows registry to fix Error 2 versions of windows installed on my PC. C drive and D:\Recovery drive. How can I fix this
Caution: Unless you an advanced PC user, we DO NOT recommend editing the Windows registry manually. Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall Windows. We do not guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.
- Click the Start button.
- Type "command" in the search box... DO NOT hit ENTER yet!
- While holding CTRL-Shift on your keyboard, hit ENTER.
- You will be prompted with a permission dialog box.
- Click Yes.
- A black box will open with a blinking cursor.
- Type "regedit" and hit ENTER.
- In the Registry Editor, select the Error 0x9C-related key (eg. Windows Operating System) you want to back up.
- From the File menu, choose Export.
- In the Save In list, select the folder where you want to save the Windows Operating System backup key.
- In the File Name box, type a name for your backup file, such as "Windows Operating System Backup".
- In the Export Range box, be sure that "Selected branch" is selected.
- Click Save.
- The file is then saved with a .reg file extension.
- You now have a backup of your MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION-related registry entry.
Recommended Method to Repair the Problem: 2 versions of windows installed on my PC. C drive and D:\Recovery drive. How can I fix this:
How to Fix 2 versions of windows installed on my PC. C drive and D:\Recovery drive. How can I fix this with SmartPCFixer?
1. Download Error Fixer. Install it on your system.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems need to be fixed. Click Fix All.
3. The Fixing part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been fixed.
Related: 1327 Invalid Drive Z Error Code 80004004 Error Code 137 80072ee7 Fix 3315 Error 26 3213 1726 0X6be Error Code 1393 Acaptuser32 dll Error 3050 Biosinfo dll,Fast Solution to Fix Error 1017 Received Logging On To The Standby Error,Installation Error 1706 Error Fixer,Loopback Failure Error - How to Fix,How to Fix Pro Registry Cleaner Error,How to Fix Win 7 Installation Error Code: 0x800705070 Error Quickly
Read More: Solution to Error: 2 GB of undeletable temporary files,How to Fix Error - 18 months of emails disappeared after running Disk Cleanup!?,Troubleshooting:2007 Excel Macro - Error on \"Selection.Insert Shift:=xlDown\" line,[Solution] 2 week old computer with Windows 7 can't play videos any more-In a pop up it recommends to install Adobe Flash Player Installer...,IE 8: Can't Send Page by Email AND Can't Send Link by Email,I can't connect to yahoo.com for online gaming after installing ex9 is there a problem?,c drive says full with 58gb and drive d has 219gb how to fromat drive c for more gb,Automatic Spelling Correction in MS Excel 2007,Attempting to install a financial program and getting error with regsvr32