Error 2: the system cannot find the specified file starting Superfetch.
Original title: Superfetch starts after clearing the Pretfetch folder but never starts after restart PC or restart Superfetch in Services
My laptop Sony Vaio is having problem about the Superfetch..
It wont run.
i already tried to run it in Services, Tried Clean boot and run, but still no luck.
it gets me the Error 2: the system cannot find the specified file...
But when i clear my Prefetch
folder, Superfetch will run and after restart it wont run again.
i dont understand this situation.
specs: Sony Vaio, Core i3 intel, 4Gb ram, 500Gb HDD, Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit.
Keys to the Problem Error 2: the system cannot find the specified file starting Superfetch.
Were there any changes (hardware or software) made to the computer prior to the issue?
Perform SFC(System File Checker) scan and see if the issue occurs.
Hope this information helps.
To check for Windows updates
- Open Windows Update by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking All Programs, and then clicking Windows Update.
- In the left pane, click Check for updates, and then wait while Windows looks for the latest updates for your computer.
- If any updates are found, click Install updates. Administrator permission required If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
Recommended Method to Fix the Problem: Error 2: the system cannot find the specified file starting Superfetch.:
How to Fix Error 2: the system cannot find the specified file starting Superfetch. with SmartPCFixer?
1. Download SmartPCFixer . Install it on your computer. Click Scan, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The errors will be shown in the list.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems which need to be fixed.
3. The Repair part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been fixed. You can also use other functions in this software. Like dll downloading, windows updating and print spooler error repair.
Related: 1 exe exeCmd exe 0Xc0000142 Sysinfo exe Error Exe Is Not A Valid Win32 Application Dgl Exe Bad Image Exp exe Autoupdate exe Application Error hpqwmiex exe windows6 1 kb976932 x86 exe isass exe what is dwm exe Lbtserv Exe IEXPLORE EXE App Crash nsd exe wdfmgr exe virus sleep exe Szmsgsvc exetabuserw exe Telecharger Reg33 exe cisvc exe Wwdisp exe Cleanup Exe Free Downloads,Can a WIndows Easy Tranfer File from Windows 8 be opened in Windows 7 sony drivers How do I transfer my address book from Outook Express on my old computer which runs on XP to my new laptop running Windows 7 vaio drivers I have Windows7 Professional with 64 bit operating system with room for 6 memory modules how high can i go vaio drivers Shutdown and Logon Issue Windows 7 vaio drivers SSMMgr exe has stopped working a problem caused the program to stop working correctly Windows will close this program and notify you if a solution is available 2 days Error Could not find the macromedia flash VAIO Driver Download Windows 7 fresh install from XP randomly becomes unresponsive and then recovers after 10 100 seconds sony drivers Windows Vista issue on installing Skype Toolbars vaio drivers Ways to Recognize an ASUS Motherboard
Read More: How to Resolve - Getting Blue Screen error IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL ntoskrnl.exe?,How to Fix - I\'m getting error 646 while installing the ff. updates:____Update for Microsoft Office Word 2007 (KB974561)__Security Update for the 2007 Microsoft Office System (KB973704)__Security Update for Microsoft Office Excel 2007 (KB973593)____Please help.____?,Troubleshoot:how do you dump windows7,Open Wireless Networks At Home,Dell XPS 8300 is unable to connect to my router. I am told that it fails to connect.,Everytime Windows Updates, My Explorer Will Not Work,I can not get IE to work. I get an error 403(forbidden) What can I do?,my laptop won't start. it says "windows failed to start. a recent hardware or software change might be the cause." i've tried launch startup repair and it doesn't work.