Generic "opened by 'another user'", used to say actual user's name.
We have a mixed environment of Office 2003/2007/2010.
Due to some incompatibilities, we upgraded a macro-enabled .xls to .xlsm.
It still works fine through the file converter pack for Office 2003 users.
However, now all users of the new .xlsm file no longer
get the name of the user who has the open file like they used to.
This happens on any version of Office we use.
Instead, they get a generic "Opened by 'another user'" so they have to start calling around the department to try figure out who left it open.
there a way I can get the actual user's name to appear again?
Keys to the Problem Generic "opened by 'another user'", used to say actual user's name.
Windows Error Reporting - To Fix Generic "opened by 'another user'", used to say actual user's name.
- Go to Start button.
- Open Control Panel.
- Go to Windows Error Reporting.
- Click on System and Maintenance, then click Problem Reports and Solutions.
- Next, click Change Settings located on the left side panel of the Problem Reports and Solutions window.
- Select an option to configure how you want Windows to look for a solution to your problems. You may allow Windows to do it automatically or ask you every time to check if problem occurs.
- Next, click the Advanced settings link.
- Select Off to turn off Error Reporting.
Recommended Method to Fix the Problem: Generic "opened by 'another user'", used to say actual user's name.:
How to Fix Generic "opened by 'another user'", used to say actual user's name. with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download SmartPCFixer . Install it on your system. Open it, and it will perform a scan for your system. The junk files will be shown in the list.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems which need to be repaired.
3. The Repair part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed. You can also use other functions in this software. Like dll downloading, windows updating and print spooler error repair.
Related: Performance Issues Since I Updated To Windows 7,How To Install All The .net Frameworks?,How To Preview A File In The Recycle Bin,My Windows Dose Not Permit Internet Explorer 8, 9 And Yahoo Messenger To Perform Corretly ,,Programs Gone After Hard Drive Replaced,Windows 8 BSOF: System Service Exception,Summing Hours:minutes In PivotTable,Error Message When I Exit Programs.,Laptop Frozen In Logging Off Phase, What Can I Do To Just Restart This Laptop!,I Would Like To Change The Default Cell Background Color And Save It In My Toolbar.Its Yellow Now, I Would Like It To Be Green.
Read More: [Solved] accidently deleted Calendar in Windows Calendar (Vista Home Premium) HELP!,How to Fix - how to stop windows 7 auto shut down?,cannot restore from a backup [Solved],How Can You Fix - I am receiving a message that I am not running authentic Windows 7... I have my disks but I don't want to lose all my data. Help, please??,Frequent Blue Screen @ random times-Time for full reinstall of Win 7 64 Ultimate???,how do i remedy,ITunes error "'application failed to start because it's side by side configuration is incorrect",Computer performance is very slow,parallels transport agent for windows 7