Windows Backup and Image Problem
With vista i could make backups and a system image to my 2nd internal 750 gig drive.
Windows 7 won't let me pick that drive for backups or an image and I don't want to use an external drive.
Is it windows 7 or am I missing something.
Can someone help.
Anwsers to the Problem Windows Backup and Image Problem
You can choose Hard Disk and FTP location as well while creating system image
To know more about backup and restore center on Windows 7:
- Ramesh Kumar http://www.WindowsValley.com
Manually editing the Windows registry
Manually editing the Windows registry to remove invalid MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION keys is not recommended unless you are PC service professional. Incorrectly editing your registry can stop your PC from functioning and create irreversible damage to your operating system. In fact, one misplaced comma can prevent your PC from booting entirely!
Caution: Unless you an advanced PC user, we DO NOT recommend editing the Windows registry manually. Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall Windows. We do not guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.
To manually repair your Windows registry, first you need to create a backup by exporting a portion of the registry related to MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION (eg. Windows Operating System):
- Click the Start button.
- Type "command" in the search box... DO NOT hit ENTER yet!
- While holding CTRL-Shift on your keyboard, hit ENTER.
- You will be prompted with a permission dialog box.
- Click Yes.
- A black box will open with a blinking cursor.
- Type "regedit" and hit ENTER.
- In the Registry Editor, select the Error 0x9C-related key (eg. Windows Operating System) you want to back up.
- From the File menu, choose Export.
- In the Save In list, select the folder where you want to save the Windows Operating System backup key.
- In the File Name box, type a name for your backup file, such as "Windows Operating System Backup".
- In the Export Range box, be sure that "Selected branch" is selected.
- Click Save.
- The file is then saved with a .reg file extension.
- You now have a backup of your MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION-related registry entry.
Recommended Method to Fix the Problem: Windows Backup and Image Problem:
How to Fix Windows Backup and Image Problem with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download SmartPCFixer . Install it on your computer. Open it, and it will perform a scan for your system. The errors will be shown in the list.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems which need to be fixed.
3. The Fixing part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been fixed.
Related: Performance Issues Since I Updated To Windows 7,How To Install All The .net Frameworks?,How To Preview A File In The Recycle Bin,My Windows Dose Not Permit Internet Explorer 8, 9 And Yahoo Messenger To Perform Corretly ,,Programs Gone After Hard Drive Replaced,Windows 8 BSOF: System Service Exception,Summing Hours:minutes In PivotTable,Error Message When I Exit Programs.,Laptop Frozen In Logging Off Phase, What Can I Do To Just Restart This Laptop!,I Would Like To Change The Default Cell Background Color And Save It In My Toolbar.Its Yellow Now, I Would Like It To Be Green.
Read More: How to Fix - Image Restore fails on specific drive.?,[Anwsered] Win 7 problem- blue screen,Solution to Error: Windows Mail Missing Folders 01,[Anwsered] Online Outlook EXTREMELY slow -- and now bouncing,How to Fix - Microsoft page not working in IE8?,Frequent Blue Screen @ random times-Time for full reinstall of Win 7 64 Ultimate???,how do i remedy,ITunes error "'application failed to start because it's side by side configuration is incorrect",Computer performance is very slow,parallels transport agent for windows 7